Do you miss our former FLOTUS yet? If someone would have told me in 2016 that Michelle Obama and George W. Bush would steal the show at Trump’s inauguration, I would have probably accidentally spit my blueberry mint kombucha out. But here we are. Last week, Michelle Obama could not control her face and shared that amazing side eye at the inauguration. Bless you for being you, Michelle. In the history of all side eyes, this is about a 15 on a 1 to 10 scale. See it for yourself in all its side eye glory.
For those that decided to tune in — former First Lady Michelle Obama looked like she was forced to attend a party of some bully who spread false accusations about her husband but America made her go anyway. America, be nice to Michelle Obama! She has done so much for you!
Even more amazing than that side eye of staggering proportions, is everything she brought into her work as First Lady. She accomplished so much more than having extremely athletic upper arms in her eight years as FLOTUS.
- Launched the Let’s Move initiative encouraging physical activity and healthy eating habits to combat childhood obesity.
- One of the few first ladies to pass legislation with the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act which updated the school lunch program
- Partnered with major retailers like Walmart, Walgreens, and Supervalu to provide access to fresh fruits and vegetables to underserved communities
- Achieved a major food policy change by updating nutritional labels to provide added sugar information
- Launched the Reach Higher Initiative to encourage youth to achieve degrees beyond a high school diploma
- Started Let Girls Learn, a global project to increase awareness about access to education for girls
And if that wasn’t enough, former First Lady Michelle Obama gifted us with her wisdom and grace, reminding us that when they go low, we go high. So as we graduate to an era post Obamas, let’s rewatch Michelle Obama’s last commencement address and take her lessons with us. Grab your kleenex.